Author Topic: Introductions -- Introduce yourself here  (Read 13132 times)

Offline randalls

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions -- Introduce yourself here
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 04:38:26 pm »
I am now endeavouring to combine your ML78 ruleset with Lone Wolf Developments RealmWorks campaing database engine. Thus far I have gotten almost everything up to the Magic User spells entered. Big chores in the cut and paste exercise, I'll tackle the Monsters next and then hopefully finish up with all the optional rules and such. The software should allow me to export it to a useable file that if you desire to you can host from the forum if you wish.

Sure, I'd be happy to host a download of this so others can use it.

I am hoping to get a group going at some point with these rules so wish me luck.

I've recently moved to Ohio and as soon as we finish the house modifications for my wife (MS mixed with a really bad back), I will be seriously trying to get a new group together here. I already have a few people who had said they are interested -- unfortunately none available on the same day.

Offline GM.Brad

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2017, 03:56:57 pm »
I am very much in the same origin boat as you Randall, I started with the brown box in 77 as a freshman in High School. Wound up becoming the local full time GM and have rarely stopped until 2015 when I moved from Florida up to southeast Wisconsin. Much to my surprise the gaming community here is a far cry from what it used to be or what I had thought it would be.

I am now endeavouring to combine your ML78 ruleset with Lone Wolf Developments RealmWorks campaing database engine. Thus far I have gotten almost everything up to the Magic User spells entered. Big chores in the cut and paste exercise, I'll tackle the Monsters next and then hopefully finish up with all the optional rules and such. The software should allow me to export it to a useable file that if you desire to you can host from the forum if you wish.

I am hoping to get a group going at some point with these rules so wish me luck.

Offline ynof

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2016, 05:30:35 pm »
Hi!

I'm Yuuma.

I've been playing 0e AD&D  for the last few years, and I also got the starter set for 5e.
I've printed out all the little booklets for Microlite20, and am itching to try it out, but currently I don't have anyone to play with...I really like the booklets though!

Offline randalls

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2014, 03:04:51 pm »
:O A person!Actually if I'd paid more attention to detail (or just been better read), I'd have known as an undergrad. The difference is simple: A Gaussian curve is continuous, and spans the entire real line. A 3d6 curve is bell shaped, but it ends at 3 and 18, and it doesn't allow values like 10.5.

My comment was more a complaint about the really crappy stats classes I had in college, especially the one taught by this really annoying prof who kept saying "you'll understand this when you take ::grad course xxxx:: instead of just answering the question. They the was the guy who would answer questions from male students in great deal, but basically answer questions from female students with " it's in the book." I'm surprised I actually learned anything about statistics in the 4 courses I was required to take.

Wow... Inform7 is really something.

It's a lot of fun, but to do anything complex, it's still programming.

Offline Dethklok

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 10:01:35 pm »
:O A person!
Somehow I'm not surprised that takes a grad-level stats class. :)
Actually if I'd paid more attention to detail (or just been better read), I'd have known as an undergrad. The difference is simple: A Gaussian curve is continuous, and spans the entire real line. A 3d6 curve is bell shaped, but it ends at 3 and 18, and it doesn't allow values like 10.5.

I love text adventures. While I like python, Inform 7 kicks ass for writing them.
Wow... Inform7 is really something.

Offline randalls

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 09:53:24 am »
Hello! I'm in the last semester of my master's program in physics. I also just finished a grad-level stats class and thus finally understand the difference between a 3d6 curve and a Gaussian distribution. (They're nothing alike. Who'd have thought?)

Somehow I'm not surprised that takes a grad-level stats class. :)

I've been playing roleplaying games since a friend lent me his copy of Dragon Warriors in 4th grade. My most recent foray into the world of rpgs was two weeks ago when I decided to learn python, and promptly finished "Shepherds and Barbarians," a little eight-room text adventure.

I love text adventures. While I like python, Inform 7 kicks ass for writing them.

Offline Dethklok

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 03:01:36 am »
Hello! I'm in the last semester of my master's program in physics. I also just finished a grad-level stats class and thus finally understand the difference between a 3d6 curve and a Gaussian distribution. (They're nothing alike. Who'd have thought?)

I've been playing roleplaying games since a friend lent me his copy of Dragon Warriors in 4th grade. My most recent foray into the world of rpgs was two weeks ago when I decided to learn python, and promptly finished "Shepherds and Barbarians," a little eight-room text adventure.

I have my own homebrew ancient world rpg where characters are defined by 5 stats, all attacks deal 1 damage, and armor adds to total hp (from a starting value of 2). I also like philosophy, psychology, martial arts, baking (yes don't laugh) and I write imaginative fiction in my spare time. Before school starts up again I'm trying to finish up a fantasy story set in late Medieval Romania. Also, there is a baby sitting on my lap. He doesn't say hello, but he is cute.

Nice to meet all of you, and I hope to read more from you all soon!

Offline rredmond

• www.and-mag.com
    • View Profile
    • & Magazine
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 04:46:41 am »
Heydee, Ron here. I started playing D&D, yikes, probably back in 1980. But didn't get real serious about it until playing AD&D in HS, late 80's I guess.
Love old school games, though my go to is AD&D 1E. I've been around a few forums and decided to check out this one.
Oh yeah, also involved in publishing & Magazine, which is a free OSR ezine. Do most of my playing in PbPs over at www.unseenservant.us (highly recommend it, PbP focused and the folks there are great) though I have been DMing my two oldest (of four) daughters, 11yo and 9yo, and we get to play occasionally with friends. Good times!
Be well!
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -
  Inner Planes - FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!

Offline porphyre77

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2013, 08:58:54 am »
Hi!

I'm 36 now,  and started playing in the early 90' with the Mentzer's Red Box.
I played mostly BECMI D&D, teh MERP, and some french RPGs.
I abandoned RPG for some years after our gaming group parted (working life, marriage, children, etc.) and lost sight of the late developpements of D&D (i-e most of late 2nd edition and all of the third à fourth ones).
I discovered the OSR as I was looking online for other fellow BECMItes & potential players. Nowadays I mostly play by forum, thanks to the "Donjon du Dragon" with is the main french speaking OSR site and forum. 

Offline randalls

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 06:57:38 am »
Welcome, Matt!  I lot of people seem to dislike the complexity of 3.x (and 4e) rules, or they grown to dislike that level of complexity after playing the games a while.

Offline mrcos87

• View Profile
    • Epidemic: The Artwork of Matthew Costanzo
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 04:21:49 pm »
Hi, I'm Matt/ mrcos87. I am a freelance artist/ gamer residing in small-town Ohio. I grew up always hearing about D&D but it wasn't until a 3E game with my brother-in-law in 2007 that got me hooked. We played a very rules-lite session and it was fantastic! I immediately begin looking into D&D 3/3.5E, but the closer I looked, the more I disliked the needless complexity of the rules.

Then I found out about Swords & Wizardry, and the vast world of retro-clones, and I knew they were what I was looking for. Just stumbled on Microlite74 yesterday, and I'm reading through the books now. Everything is fantastic so far, keep up the good work!

Offline randalls

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2013, 09:59:22 am »
Well, hello. I'm Vile, because I'm too young to be an Urvile. I'm behind the BLUEHOLME™ Project, which is a faithful Holmes clone.

Welcome, Vile! I liked the BLUEHOLME Prentice Rules and am looking forward to seeing what your Compleat Rules are like. I've always thought the Holmes Basic Set had an interesting take on D&D, even with some of the AD&Disms that were apparently added in editing.

Offline Vile

• Dreamscape Designer
    • View Profile
    • Dreamscape Design
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2013, 09:36:14 am »
Well, hello. I'm Vile, because I'm too young to be an Urvile. I'm behind the BLUEHOLME™ Project, which is a faithful Holmes clone. I registered because M74 does many of the things I want to do with the next phase, multi-system adventures that work with old editions as well as Pathfinder.

Offline randalls

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 10:39:12 am »
I'm here because I'm intrigued by 'a large, complete old school fantasy game designed to be at the intersection of 0e, 1e, and B/X' sounds like something I'd like to try.

Welcome! Having finally finished up all my promised Microlite74 and Swords & Wizardry projects, I'm about to start Draft 0.0 of Lords & Wizardry. Which will likely be lots of Open Game Content stuff copying into a file to give me a place to start.

Offline geordie racer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 03:20:10 pm »
Hello, I'm Sean - my gaming history goes something like:

AD&D 1e > DragonQuest > Maelstrom > Dragon Warriors > Skyrealms of Jorune > loads of little indie non-D&D games > S&W > DCC/ACKS/Crypts & Things > Heroes of the Dark Ages > Heroes & Other Worlds.

I'm here because I'm intrigued by 'a large, complete old school fantasy game designed to be at the intersection of 0e, 1e, and B/X' sounds like something I'd like to try.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 03:24:06 pm by geordie racer »

Cancer Fund Donations

Support Microlite75 development as well as Microlite74, Microlite78, Microlite81, and this site with a donation to the Retro-Roleplaying Cancer Fund.

Your donations help pay medical bills, get you early access to drafts of RetroRoleplaying.com games like Microlite81 Complete and Fantastic Adventures and give you access to these donor-only PDFs:

- Grimoire Fanzine #1 (1978)
- Grimoire Fanzine #2 (1979)
- Hidden Valley House Rules (1984)
- Fourth Campaign Arn Player Info Packet (1984)
- M74 2.0 Special Edition
- M74 3.0 Extended Special Edition (3 digest volumes)
- M74 3.0 Perilous Adventures

Obtain copies of these (and more) for a donation to help pay our cancer-related bills. Donate $25 or more and you will be listed as a sponsor in Microlite81 Complete game.

Microlite75 Sponsors

RPGNow.com