Thinking about Savage Worlds and its “Characters can take three good, solid wounds before they’re hors d’combat” system. It’s simple and I like it, but there’s always the problem of:
1. What check do you use to determine if you take a Wound? Strength + Physical?
1a. Should the attacker roll for damage? If so, what would an appropriate Wound check DC be? 10 + incoming damage? 15 + incoming damage?
2. Does armor apply to your Armor Class or your Wound check?
3. Should you take a penalty for each wound you’re suffering? If so, how much?
4. Should certain monsters have more than three Wounds? Or should they just have a massive bonus on their Wounds check?
5. Should you fail the Wound check on a natural 1?
Read this Group Post and its Comments