Looking for the Free Microlite20/7x/8x/2020 Rules Downloads?

There are well over 100 free downloads of rules (and more) for Microlite20, Microlite2020, Microlite7x, Microlite 81, and their many variants in the Game Download Library area below. These files can be downloaded without creating a membership on this site.

Update (19 Jun 23):

As I mentioned many weeks ago, maintaining the seldom used Wordpress side of this site became too much of a bother, especially as parts of Wordpress are constantly updating and some those updates break things -- like access to this forum. I'm finally had time to remove it. The forum should stop disappearing from view now.

As many of you know, my wife has had MS for about 20 years now. It has gotten to the stage where helping her takes a lot more of my time that it used to. This means visits to this board have become few and far between. I'm looking for a couple of members willing to help moderate this board. Note that if your idea of good moderation is anything similar the way boards like RPG.net are moderated, do not bother volunteering. Good moderation isn't about forcing your opinions, ideological positions, or biases on members via your power to gag and ban, it is about being helpful to all members (even those you don't like/disagree with), cleaning up after spammers, and enforcing the rules with the lightest hand possible and only doing so when the rules are actually broken. If you are interested in any message board moderation position on any board because of the supposed "power" it will give you, you are (IMHO) the wrong person for the job. If you are interested, PM me. It may taken quite a while to reply, unfortunately.

Clarifying some rules Microlite20 Golden Edition

Description: Just got into RPGs, and trying to understand how some rules work

Discussion and Reviews of rules-lite tabeletop RPGs (games like Microlite20, The Black Hack, etc.)

koval2

Clarifying some rules Microlite20 Golden Edition

Post by koval2 »

I just started researching RPGs, and Microlite20 looks like good, but still i have a lot of questions about specific rules.
Now i have two questions: when playing Microlite20 Golden Edition with Feats, everyone have to take feat "One handed weapons", or they can't even use Rapier?
Also, what's the difference between Rapier (20 gp, 1d6) and Shortsword (10 gp, 1d6, can be dual-wielded) and similar weapons with same damage, but different cost? Can i just buy the cheapest weapon?
How to count Food rations. one day = one item?
How much cost 1 Healing potion, how should i treat healing potion?

0 x

koval2

Re: Clarifying some rules Microlite20 Golden Edition

Post by koval2 »

Also can someone explain to me how Rogue can use his Sneak Attack while being a party member? Does he have to sneak in while party is waiting in other room?

0 x
squirewaldo
United States of America

Re: Clarifying some rules Microlite20 Golden Edition

Post by squirewaldo »

In regards to the Rogue's sneak attack, I think that has more to do with the target of the attack knowing the rogue is there or not. But with most things in RPGs and especially with Microlite20, a lot depends upon how the GM is going to interpret the action. If you a sneaking up on a guard and you don't want the guard to even know what happened, then you might want to keep the other characters out of the way. However, if the party is in a combat, and the rogue is sneaking around in the shadows launching missile or melee attack(s) then it might be just fine as long as the targets don't know the rogue is there. At least that is my opinion, and how I would play it as a GM.

1 x