Looking for the Free Microlite20/7x/8x/2020 Rules Downloads?

There are well over 100 free downloads of rules (and more) for Microlite20, Microlite2020, Microlite7x, Microlite 81, and their many variants in the Game Download Library area below. These files can be downloaded without creating a membership on this site.

Update (19 Jun 23):

As I mentioned many weeks ago, maintaining the seldom used Wordpress side of this site became too much of a bother, especially as parts of Wordpress are constantly updating and some those updates break things -- like access to this forum. I'm finally had time to remove it. The forum should stop disappearing from view now.

As many of you know, my wife has had MS for about 20 years now. It has gotten to the stage where helping her takes a lot more of my time that it used to. This means visits to this board have become few and far between. I'm looking for a couple of members willing to help moderate this board. Note that if your idea of good moderation is anything similar the way boards like RPG.net are moderated, do not bother volunteering. Good moderation isn't about forcing your opinions, ideological positions, or biases on members via your power to gag and ban, it is about being helpful to all members (even those you don't like/disagree with), cleaning up after spammers, and enforcing the rules with the lightest hand possible and only doing so when the rules are actually broken. If you are interested in any message board moderation position on any board because of the supposed "power" it will give you, you are (IMHO) the wrong person for the job. If you are interested, PM me. It may taken quite a while to reply, unfortunately.

A New Adventure for Risus

Discussion and Reviews of rules-lite tabeletop RPGs (games like Microlite20, The Black Hack, etc.)

squirewaldo
United States of America

A New Adventure for Risus

Post by squirewaldo »

This Saturday the gaming group had to cancel in person gaming because someone had a cold so the house became a qurantine zone. SMH

So I suggested we do something else. One player had been working on converting a old D&D adventure to Barbarians of Lemuria and I wanted to do something, anything, with Risus. I started preparing an adventure using Risus, but I was totally tapped out. So I went to Bing Chat (the ChatGPT for Microsoft) and WOW! It was better than ChatGPT IMHO. First of all it is up to date vs being 3 or 4 years behind. It has a bigger and better database as well. It is also not nearly as politically correct and censorious as ChatGPT.

But most of all it is great to create adventures and the art to go with it. I entered something vague about a modern adventure setting for Risus. It came up with 4 brief descriptions. I picked the one about a Heist at the Museum, and asked for it to flesh it out more, and voila. A complete adventure that required only modest editing. I then asked for NPCs and Pre-Gen player characters with Risus stats. Done. Then I asked for images of all the characters (which I had to do in phases because it cannot generate more than 3 or 4 such images at a time. Then I asked for other images for the museum entrance and a floor plan of the museum which required me to provide an example of what I wanted plus a few additional prompts. The only thing left is how to end it. I have no earthly idea, and usually my ideas end up getting torpedoed by the players anyway.

here is a link to the result of what I was provided:

https://www.bozbat.com/wp-content/uploa ... 231022.pdf

0 x

squirewaldo
United States of America

Re: A New Adventure for Risus

Post by squirewaldo »

NOTE TO ANYONE WHO MIGHT WANT TO PLAY WITH US IN OUR TUESDAY NIGHT GAME (OR PERHAPS EVEN SOME OTHER TIME...):

You might not want to read this...

0 x
quaffeine
United States of America

Post by quaffeine »

Roger that...

1 x
squirewaldo
United States of America

Post by squirewaldo »