Looking for the Free Microlite20/7x/8x/2020 Rules Downloads?

There are well over 100 free downloads of rules (and more) for Microlite20, Microlite2020, Microlite7x, Microlite 81, and their many variants in the Game Download Library area below. These files can be downloaded without creating a membership on this site.

Update (19 Jun 23):

As I mentioned many weeks ago, maintaining the seldom used Wordpress side of this site became too much of a bother, especially as parts of Wordpress are constantly updating and some those updates break things -- like access to this forum. I'm finally had time to remove it. The forum should stop disappearing from view now.

As many of you know, my wife has had MS for about 20 years now. It has gotten to the stage where helping her takes a lot more of my time that it used to. This means visits to this board have become few and far between. I'm looking for a couple of members willing to help moderate this board. Note that if your idea of good moderation is anything similar the way boards like RPG.net are moderated, do not bother volunteering. Good moderation isn't about forcing your opinions, ideological positions, or biases on members via your power to gag and ban, it is about being helpful to all members (even those you don't like/disagree with), cleaning up after spammers, and enforcing the rules with the lightest hand possible and only doing so when the rules are actually broken. If you are interested in any message board moderation position on any board because of the supposed "power" it will give you, you are (IMHO) the wrong person for the job. If you are interested, PM me. It may taken quite a while to reply, unfortunately.

Character Sheet

Description: Ready to print.

Download the "core rules" for Microlite2020 here.

Vanya

Character Sheet

Post by Vanya »

So I was thinking the other day that I should make a nice character sheet for M2020 since I'm planning to start a small game with some friends.
Well, last night I did just that and I'm posting it here for review.
It's based more or less on the M20 character sheet but with some rearranging to tighten up the layout.

Hope everyone likes it.

@randalls: Include it in the core rules if you like. It'll be my contribution ... unless you already have one in the works?

Attachments
M2020 Character Sheet v2.2.pdf
Guess not. Updated again hopefully for the last time.
2020-08-12, moved magic attack and used the actual title of the game in the headers.
(245.99 KiB) Downloaded 1562 times
M2020 Character Sheet v2.1.pdf
Final update? (minor edit on 2020-06-09, changed Class Skills to Class Abilities)
(245.16 KiB) Downloaded 558 times
M2020 Character Sheet v2.pdf
For your ...bookkeeping... pleasure!
(254.7 KiB) Downloaded 536 times
Last edited by Vanya on Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 6 times in total.
0 x

randalls
Site Admin

Re: Character Sheet

Post by randalls »

Vanya wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:30 am

@randalls: Include it in the core rules if you like. It'll be my contribution ... unless you already have one in the works?

Thank you very much. I can write rules that (usually) work. I'm told I'm a fairly good GM, especially for sandbox play. Unfortunately, character sheets -- decent looking ones, at least -- are far beyond me.

0 x

RandallS
Playing and Gamemastering Tabletop RPGs Since 1975
Designer: Microlite74, Microlite75, Microlite78, Microlite81, Microlite20 OSS, and others
Compiler: The Microlite20 RPG Collection
Administrator: Rules Light RPGs

Vanya

Post by Vanya »

Groovy! I'm glad I can help as always.
I'm pretty green when it comes to both writing rules and GMing, but at least I can put my graphic art background to good use. :D

0 x
randalls
Site Admin

Post by randalls »

Vanya wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:43 am

...but at least I can put my graphic art background to good use. :D

I'm so bad at graphic stuff that my wife gave up talking colors with me years ago. Now when it's time to paint the walls or something, she picks out 3-4 colors she thinks would work and asks me if I really hate any of them. This is so much easier on me as I no longer have to try to figure out what she is trying to tell me when she talks about this color having a more blue tint and that color having a slight green cast when they look like two slightly different shades of white without a sign of green or blue to me. It's much less frustrating for her, too.

0 x

RandallS
Playing and Gamemastering Tabletop RPGs Since 1975
Designer: Microlite74, Microlite75, Microlite78, Microlite81, Microlite20 OSS, and others
Compiler: The Microlite20 RPG Collection
Administrator: Rules Light RPGs

Vanya

Post by Vanya »

Lol. Yeah. That's like what happens to my girlfriend when I get too in depth about color theory. :3

0 x
Vanya

Post by Vanya »

Hi all. Just dropping by to post an updated version of the character sheet.
This one is more robust for those that want to have everything written down in excruciating detail like myself. ;P

Check the first post for the download.
Hope everyone like it! :3

0 x
Vanya

Post by Vanya »

Just added another update.
This is just a minor clean up of some bits I left in that were meant for my personal project.
I also took the opportunity to label the BP box for the ANCESTRY ABILITY section so it's clear what it's for.
At the same time I made the label itself and the box border more subtle so that it's more clearly optional.

Unless, I come up with any other useful changes, this should be the final version.
Although, I am going to make some class specific sheets, but I'll post those in another thread.

So I'm going to go ahead and post the original documents in case anyone wants to make their own versions.

Attachments
M2020 Character Sheet v2.1.docx
v2.1 (minor edit on 2020-06-09, changed Class Skills to Class Abilities)
(41.21 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
M2020 Character Sheet v2.docx
v2.0
(42.24 KiB) Downloaded 391 times
M2020 Character Sheet.docx
v1.0
(22.17 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
0 x
Vanya

Post by Vanya »

Updated the first post with yet another "final" version.
I took inspiration from another custom character sheet and moved the magic attack to the top of the spells section.
And I also corrected the title header which had the name of my not-so-secret-now custom rules left in by mistake.

0 x