Looking for the Free Microlite20/7x/8x/2020 Rules Downloads?

There are well over 100 free downloads of rules (and more) for Microlite20, Microlite2020, Microlite7x, Microlite 81, and their many variants in the Game Download Library area below. These files can be downloaded without creating a membership on this site.

Update (19 Jun 23):

As I mentioned many weeks ago, maintaining the seldom used Wordpress side of this site became too much of a bother, especially as parts of Wordpress are constantly updating and some those updates break things -- like access to this forum. I'm finally had time to remove it. The forum should stop disappearing from view now.

As many of you know, my wife has had MS for about 20 years now. It has gotten to the stage where helping her takes a lot more of my time that it used to. This means visits to this board have become few and far between. I'm looking for a couple of members willing to help moderate this board. Note that if your idea of good moderation is anything similar the way boards like RPG.net are moderated, do not bother volunteering. Good moderation isn't about forcing your opinions, ideological positions, or biases on members via your power to gag and ban, it is about being helpful to all members (even those you don't like/disagree with), cleaning up after spammers, and enforcing the rules with the lightest hand possible and only doing so when the rules are actually broken. If you are interested in any message board moderation position on any board because of the supposed "power" it will give you, you are (IMHO) the wrong person for the job. If you are interested, PM me. It may taken quite a while to reply, unfortunately.

More m20 Thoughts

A place to share your rules-lite RPG ideas and designs.

Snorb

More m20 Thoughts

Post by Snorb »

This is just some bits n pieces for Microlite20 that I might fit into Oceana or another setting document.

Proficiency Bonus

Your proficiency bonus is based on your character level, just like in Fifth Edition. Unlike 5e, this is adjusted for ten-level characters and based on the Final D&D Next Playtest from 2013.

Your proficiency bonus is added to attack rolls, ability checks, and saving throws you are proficient with, as well as your character's class ability DC.

LevelProficiency Bonus
Nonproficient+0
1+1
2-3+2
4-5+3
6-7+4
8-9+5
10+6

Armor

I think I've posted this on the Facebook group page, but I'll post it here just to keep everything together =p

ArmorDefenseStrengthStealthPrice
Unarmored10 + Dex---------
Light Leather11 + Dex------20 shins
Heavy Leather12 + Dex------90 shins
Light Chain13 + Dex (max +2)------100 shins
Heavy Chain1613 StrDisadvantage150 shins
Light Plate15 + Dex (max +2)---Disadvantage1500 shins
Heavy Plate1815 StrDisadvantage3000 shins
Shield+2 Defense------20 shins
Last edited by Snorb on Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

I wrote stuff:
The ArrrPG - A game about pirates.
Nakama: A Game of Magical Girls - A game about being Sailor Moon ripoffs PARODIES.
Intervigilum - A PbtA-ish game about being knights against the Dark.

Snorb

Re: More m20 Thoughts

Post by Snorb »

I should really stop neglecting stuff I'd like to work on. =p

Anyway, today in this "busted pieces of Microlite20 that I might forge into some kind of odd variant" we have everyone's favorite part of gaming:

Character Creation

Don't give me that judgmental look! (In fairness, most of this is copied from the Oceana topic because I'm a bit lazy, and some of it does hold over.)

Ability Scores

As usual, you have the usual four ability scores standard to Microlite20 (+ Expert Mode.)

Strength is all about how hard you hit, how well you can swing a sword, physical conditioning, and whenever you need to rely on sheer horsepower to get things done.

Your Strength modifier affects your maximum hit points, melee attack bonus, melee damage bonus, and recovery rate.

Dexterity is what you need to use ranged weapons and avoid harm.

Your Dexterity modifier affects your Defense (in most circumstances), ranged attack bonus, and ranged damage bonus.

Mental is what you know; it's intuition, insight, education, lateral thought, perception, and alertness.

Your Mental modifier affects your spell attack and damage bonus (if you can cast spells) and Initiative.

Charisma is getting people to pay attention to you. Whether it's getting them to listen to reason, telling them what they want to hear, telling them what you want them to hear, threatening to have them ripped in half, or just completely bullshitting someone, this is your stat du jour.

Your Charisma modifier affects your Willpower.

Just like in 5e, ability scores are capped at 20 (+5) unless you have a magic item or class ability that breaks that rule, and even then, you are absolutely hard-capped at 30 (+10).

Generating Ability Scores

Unlike other Microlite20 games, you do not roll your ability scores. Instead, point buy is the rule of the day. You have 18 points to spend on your four stats.

Ability ScoreCost

Skills

Physical is what you need in order to, well, be physical. Climbing, balancing, jumping, bending bars and lifting gates, squeezing through narrow gaps, swimming, and enduring forced marches are hallmarks of this skill. This is most often rolled with Strength or Dexterity.

Knowledge is equally self-explanatory. What you learned in your background, bits of folklore, or simply remembering "hey, white dragons are resistant to cold damage, Marrish found that out last time we tried to kill one of these" apply here. Most of the time, this is rolled with Mental.

Communication is the fine art of... err, communication. Deceit, persuasion, intimidation, bargaining, and passing off hidden messages are the usual uses for Communication. Most of the time, this is rolled with Charisma, but tasks like intimidation would be Strength-based, while passing coded messages might be Dexterity- or Mental-based, depending on whether it's verbal or nonverbal.

Subterfuge is simple sleight of hand... and not-so-simple breaking and entering, lockpicking, trapbusting, pickpocketing, flimflammery, forgery, and other fun things that will get you either in a holding cell or a hangman's noose. This usually gets rolled with Dexterity; Mental might be used when you need to notice traps.

Survival is probably going to keep you alive if you're out in the middle of nowhere and separated from your backpack. This gets you food, water, shelter, and can help you find where you are. Most of the time, this is Mental-based.

Sailing is the fine art of using a boat, whether a simple dugout canoe or a four-masted square-rigged galleon. Whether getting a boat where you want it to go, or making sure it's ship-shape, you'll be making a Sailing check. This could be any ability score, but most of the time this is Dexterity or Mental.

There is no Perception skill. The above six skills are used to perceive things in various ways. If you say to the GM, "I'm gonna take a look and see what's going on," your GM could give you the general situation and ask if you want more specific information. A Sailing-related perception check would allow you to appraise a boat's condition, read nautical signal ensigns, or identify weak spots in boats, while a Physical-related perception check would tell you about weak spots in a rock wall you're about to climb.

Starting Gear

Characters start with a backpack; it has limited carrying capacity. Each backpack comes with:

• One bedroll.
  • One set of clothing.
  • One waterskin (filled with water.)
  • Four torches (up to four torches count as one item.)
  • Seven days' worth of rations (up to seven rations count as one item.)
  • Room for five more items.

In addition, characters can choose two of the following items during character creation.

• Seven more days' worth of rations.
  • Flint and steel.
  • Fifty feet of rope.
  • One set of thieves' tools. (These allow a character to make a Subterfuge roll to open locks or disarm traps.)
  • One crowbar.
  • One spyglass.
  • One hammer.
  • One spare set of clothing.

You also have a pouch on your belt for carrying your money.

Where Am I Carrying All This Crap, Anyway?

Gear doesn't have a listed weight, and characters don't have a Strength-based carrying capacity. Instead, what you can carry is limited to what you can fit into your backpack, hold in your hands, or wear. That means:

• One hat or headband on your head.
  • One necklace, amulet, or talisman around your neck.
  • One item carried in each hand (or one larger item in both hands.) You can wear two items on your hands, such as rings or gloves, as well.
  • Besides your armor, you can wear three items (such as backpacks, cloaks, stowed two-handed weapons, and stowed shields) on your torso.
  • You have room for four items (such as light or one-handed weapons, potions, or ammo pouches) on your belt, in addition to your money pouch.
  • You have room for ten items in your backpack. (Things like your bedroll or your waterskin are tied on or otherwise attached; this still takes up storage space.)
  • You can wear one set of boots, sandals, or shoes on your feet.
Last edited by Snorb on Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

I wrote stuff:
Nakama: A Game of Magical Girls - A game about being Sailor Moon ripoffs PARODIES.

randalls
Site Admin

Post by randalls »

Snorb wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:56 am

There is no Perception skill. The above six skills are used to perceive things in various ways. If you say to the GM, "I'm gonna take a look and see what's going on," your GM could give you the general situation and ask if you want more specific information. A Sailing-related perception check would allow you to appraise a boat's condition, read nautical signal ensigns, or identify weak spots in boats, while a Physical-related perception check would tell you about weak spots in a rock wall you're about to climb.

I loathe perception rolls, but I like this. I may borrow the idea in some form for Microlite2020.

1 x

RandallS
Playing and Gamemastering Tabletop RPGs Since 1975
Designer: Microlite74, Microlite75, Microlite78, Microlite81, Microlite20 OSS, and others
Compiler: The Microlite20 RPG Collection
Administrator: Rules Light RPGs

Snorb

Post by Snorb »

One more bit of m20 randomness tonight.

Weapons

Most Microlite20 settings are dangerous places, and characters are expected to carry a weapon or two. So here's some not-playtested-at-all weapons.

Melee WeaponDamageCritical Effect
Unarmedd3 bludgeoningNo Crit
Daggerd4 piercingLacerate
Maced4 bludgeoningStun
Swordd6 slashingHigh Crit
Greatswordd8 slashingHigh Crit
Battleaxed6 slashingBrutal Crit
Greataxed8 slashingBrutal Crit
Warhammerd6 bludgeoningDrive Back
Staffd6 bludgeoningKnock Down
Speard6 piercingImpale
Glaived8 slashingKnock Down
Improvised Melee Weapond4 variousNo Crit

Staffs and spears deal d8 damage if wielded with two hands. Characters can wield a dagger or mace in their off hand for two-weapon fighting.

Glaives are reach weapons; they can attack creatures within 10 feet of their wielder.

Weapons that deal d8 damage require both hands to wield.

Ranged WeaponDamageCritical Effect
Throwing Knifed4 piercingLacerate
Throwing Axed4 slashingBrutal Crit
Thrown Speard6 piercingImpale
Slingd4 bludgeoningStun
Bowd6 piercingBrutal Crit
Crossbowd8 piercingBrutal Crit
Improvised Weapond6 variousNo Crit

A crossbow can only be fired once per round, regardless of how many attacks you can make normally.

Slings, bows, and crossbows require both hands to wield.

Weapon Critical Effects

Brutal Crit: Axes and bows deal triple damage instead of double damage on a critical hit.
Drive Back: Hammers drive their target backwards 10 feet on a critical hit. This movement provokes opportunity attacks.
Impale: On a critical hit, your opponent gains the grappled condition. This condition persists until he pulls the spear out of his body (Strength check DC equal to 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength modifier) or you let go of the spear.
Knock Down: Staffs knock their target prone on a critical hit.
No Crit: This weapon does not have a special critical hit effect (and you should probably start using a real weapon.)
High Crit: Swords score critical hits on a natural 19 as well as a natural 20. If you roll a natural 19, you do not automatically hit your opponent.
Lacerate: On a critical hit, your opponent loses 1d8 (or 5) hit points at the start of each of his turns unless he succeeds at a DC 15 Strength save, he regains at least 1 hit point, or someone successfully treats his wounds with a DC 15 Int + Survival check.
Stun: On a critical hit, your opponent is stunned for 1 round.

These Damage Dice Seem Kinda Small

If your character is a fighter, increase those damage dice by one step (so a light weapon does d6 damage, a one-handed weapon does d8 damage, and a two-handed weapon does d10 damage. Unarmed attacks still deal d3 damage because at this point, your character should know better.)

Last edited by Snorb on Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

I wrote stuff:

Snorb

Post by Snorb »

A bit of mid-day thinking on m20 and how I want to modify it.

Miscellaneous Stuff

Shields

As usual, shields provide a +2 bonus to Defense when wielded. The most common shields in the Winterlands are round wooden shields that protect the wearer's body from the neck to mid-thigh when wielded defensively. These shields can also be used to shield-bash as an Attack action (or as one of a fighter's Extra Attacks.) Shields have the following weapon properties.

WeaponDamageCritical Effect
Shield Bashd4 bludgeoningKnock Down

If a character has proficiency with shields, they have proficiency with shield bashing. Fighters increase this damage to d6 bludgeoning and can choose Drive Back as a shield bash's critical effect.

Shields are light weapons and can be used as an off-hand weapon for two-weapon fighting.

Recovery Rate

Your character has a recovery rate equal to your class's Hit Die (d10 for fighters, d8 for bards, priests and rogues, d6 for mages) plus your Strength modifier (minimum +0.) This gets rolled when:

• You drink a potion of healing.
  • You complete a short rest.
  • Another character performs first aid on you.

The priest's Healing Prayer uses a separate roll for recovery (1d6 + the priest's Charisma modifier.)

Whenever you complete a long rest, roll your recovery rate three times and recover that many hit points (up to your maximum hit points.)

0 x

I wrote stuff:

Snorb

Post by Snorb »

Today, a cleaned-up repost from the Oceana topic-- the first, the best, the greatest character class.

The Warrior

Let us not mince words. You slay monsters, and as the occasion calls for it, people. Whether you are a professional mercenary, a former militia soldier, a village guard with something to prove, or simply just a thug-for-hire, there is no questioning your mastery of the battlefield.

You start with 10 + your Strength modifier hit points.

Your recovery rate is 1d10 + your Strength modifier.

You have the following proficiencies:

Armor: Leather armor, chain armor, plate armor, shields
Weapons: All weapons
Tools: None
Saving Throw: Strength
Skill: Physical

LevelProficiency BonusClass Features
1+1Combat Boost, Second Wind, Fighting Styles (2)
2+2Advancement
3+2Advancement
4+3Advancement, Improved Critical (19)
5+3Advancement, Second Attack
6+4Advancement
7+4Advancement
8+5Advancement, Improved Critical (18)
9+5Advancement
10+6Advancement

Whenever you gain a level:

• Roll 1d10 and add the result to your maximum hit point total.
  • Learn one new fighting style, or...
  • ...become proficient with one skill (or gain expertise in one skill you are proficient with), or...
  • ...increase one ability score by +2 (or two ability scores by +1 each.) Your maximum ability score is 20.

Combat Boost

Your damage die increases by one step when you wield a weapon (a dagger does d6 damage, a sword does d8, a crossbow does d10.) This does not affect unarmed attacks or attacks with improvised weapons.

Second Wind

You may spend your bonus action to immediately make a recovery roll. You must complete a short or long rest before you can take your second wind again.

Improved Critical

Starting at fourth level, you critical hit on a natural attack roll of 19 or 20. At eighth level, a natural 18 on an attack roll also scores a critical hit. (Regardless of your die roll, only a natural 20 automatically hits your opponent.)

If you are using a sword, your attacks are critical hits on a natural 18 (starting at fourth level) or 17 (starting at eighth level.)

Second Attack

Starting at fifth level, you may make two attacks whenever you make the Attack action during combat. You may divide your attacks between your movement as you see fit.

Fighting Style

You learn two fighting styles of your choice at first level.

Some fighting styles require you to be wielding specific weapons or armor, as noted in their entries.

Archery Style

Weapons: Bow, Crossbow
Basic: You gain a +2 bonus on damage rolls made with these weapons.
Improved: You gain a +1 bonus on attack rolls made with these weapons, and may make opportunity attacks with them. (You have a reach of 10 feet for purposes of this fighting style.)
Greater: You do not have disadvantage when making an attack roll with these weapons if you are within 5 feet of an opponent.

Blind Fighting Style

Weapons: Any
Basic: You do not have disadvantage on attack rolls made against creatures you cannot see (if they are not hiding from you.)
Improved: Invisible creatures do not have advantage on melee attack rolls made against you.
Greater: If you can hear, you are aware of the presence of hidden or invisible creatures within 10 feet of you.

Cleaving Style

Weapons: Any melee weapon
Basic: If you kill an opponent (by bringing it down to 0 hit points), you may attack a second opponent as a bonus action.
Improved: The attack granted by Basic Cleaving triggers automatically. You no longer need to spend your bonus action to use it.
Greater: If you kill an opponent with your Cleaving attack, you may attack a third opponent as a bonus action.

Defensive Style

Armor: Any armor
Basic: You gain a +1 Defense bonus while you are wearing armor.
Improved: You gain a +1 Defense bonus (total +2 bonus) while you are wearing armor.
Greater: You gain a +1 Defense bonus (total +3 bonus) while you are wearing armor.

Duelist Style

Weapons: Dagger, mace, sword, battleaxe, warhammer, staff, spear
Basic: You gain a +2 bonus on damage rolls with these weapons if you are not wielding a shield or a second weapon in your other hand.
Improved: You gain a +2 bonus to Defense if you are using Basic Duelist Style.
Greater: When you are using Basic or Improved Duelist Style, you may grapple an opponent you successfully attack as a reaction.

Great Weapon Style

Weapons: Glaive, greataxe, greatsword, spear, or staff
Basic: You may reroll results of 1 or 2 on your weapon's damage dice. The new result is final, even if it's another 1 or 2. If you are using a spear or staff, you must be wielding it in both hands.
Improved: You gain a +1 bonus on attack rolls made with these weapons. If you miss an opponent while wielding one of these weapons, you may deal damage equal to your Strength modifier (minimum 0) as a bonus action. This damage is the same type as your weapon's normal damage.
Greater: You may grant yourself disadvantage when you make an Attack action while wielding one of these weapons. If you hit your opponent, you deal an additional Xd6 damage with your attack. (X equals your proficiency bonus.)

Interceptor Style

Any weapon or shield
Basic: If an ally within 5 feet of you is attacked, you can use your reaction to reduce the damage your ally takes by 1d10 + your proficiency bonus (minimum 0 damage.) You must be wielding a melee weapon or a shield to use this ability.
Improved: When you use Basic Interceptor Style, you may redirect the incoming damage to yourself instead of reducing it.
Greater: When you use Improved Interceptor Style, you reduce the incoming damage by your proficiency bonus (minimum 0 damage.)

Protection Style

Armor: Shields
Basic: If an ally within 5 feet of you is attacked, you may impose disadvantage on that opponent's attack as a reaction. You must be wielding a shield to do so.
Improved: When you use Basic Protection Style, you may make a free shove attack or shield bash against your ally's attacker if you can reach that opponent.
Greater: When you use Basic Protection Style, you may redirect the triggering attack to yourself as a reaction.

Tavern Brawler Style

Weapon: Unarmed attacks
Basic: Your unarmed attacks change as follows:

Melee WeaponDamageCritical Effect
Unarmedd6 bludgeoningKnock Down

Improved: Whenever you successfully start a grapple or successfully make a melee attack against a creature you are grappling, you can deal 1d4 bludgeoning damage.
Greater: You can improve your unarmed damage to a d8 if you choose to use two-fisted punches.

Thrown Weapon Style

Weapon: Any weapon with the word "Throwing" in its name
Basic: You can draw any thrown weapon as part of an attack made with it. In addition, you gain a +1 bonus on damage rolls made with thrown weapons.
Improved: You do not have disadvantage on ranged attacks made within 5 feet of an opponent when you are wielding these weapons.
Greater: You may throw daggers, maces, swords, battleaxes, and warhammers. These have a short range of 20 feet and a long range of 60 feet.

Two-Weapon Fighting Style

Weapon: Dagger, mace
Basic: When you attack with two weapons, you may add your Strength modifier to your off hand's damage roll.
Improved: You gain a +1 bonus to Defense while you wield two weapons.
Greater: You may make one attack with your off-hand weapon as part of your Attack action. You no longer need to spend a bonus action to do so.

Last edited by Snorb on Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
0 x

I wrote stuff:

Snorb

Post by Snorb »

Let's give a second class today while I have some time off work. I'm not sure if this is overpowered or not, but it's intended to be a cleric/paladin hybrid.

The Priest

The Great Dragon is a powerful ally to have. While most people pay the Dragon lip service in their prayers, you are a special case. You have been granted a tiny fragment of the Dragon's power, which you use to help those who need it and bring wrath upon the Dragon's enemies.

You start with 8 + your Strength modifier hit points.

Your recovery rate is 1d8 + your Strength modifier.

Armor: Leather armor, chain armor, shields
Weapons: Dagger, mace, spear, sling, throwing weapons, priest spell attacks
Tools: None
Saving Throw: Mental
Skill: Communication

Your ability score modifier for spell attacks is Charisma.

Your spell save DC is 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier.

LevelProficiency BonusClass Features
1+1Channel Divinity, Divine Smite, Faith
2+2Advancement
3+2Advancement
4+3Advancement
5+3Advancement
6+4Advancement, Improved Divine Smite
7+4Advancement
8+5Advancement
9+5Advancement
10+6Advancement

• Roll 1d8 and add the result to your maximum hit point total.
  • Learn one new prayer, or...
  • ...become proficient with one skill (or gain expertise in one skill you are proficient with), or...
  • ...increase one ability score by +2 (or two ability scores by +1 each.) Your maximum ability score is 20.

Channel Divinity

As an action, you may raise your ankh and invoke the power of the Great Dragon. You may use either effect when invoking the Dragon's power. You can channel divinity a number of times per day equal to your proficiency bonus. You regain all uses of this ability when you complete a short or long rest.

Prayer of Healing

Choose one living creature within 30 feet of you (you may choose yourself). That creature recovers 1d6 + your Charisma modifier hit points. This ability has no effect on undead or constructs.

This healing increases by one die at third level (2d6 healing), sixth level (3d6 healing), and ninth level (4d6 healing).

Turn Undead

Each undead creature within 30 feet of you must make a Mental saving throw. If the creature fails the saving throw, it it turned for one minute or until it takes damage. Turned undead must move as far away from you as possible on its turn, cannot willingly move closer to you, and cannot make reactions.

Starting at third level, when an undead creature fails its saving throw against this ability, it immediately crumbles to ash and dust if its challenge rating is less than or equal to half your level (round down.)

Divine Smite

As a bonus action, you may spend one faith point to bathe a melee weapon you are wielding in divine light. This light lasts for one minute. While wielding this weapon, you deal an additional 1d6 radiant damage (in addition to your weapon's normal damage) when you hit a creature with a melee attack. If your target is an undead or a fiend, this damage increases by 1d6.

This additional damage increases by one die at third level (2d6/3d6 radiant), sixth level (3d6/4d6 radiant), and ninth level (4d6/5d6 radiant).

Faith

You have a pool of faith points equal to your level + your Charisma modifier (minimum 1 point). You can use your faith points to power prayers or your divine smite ability. You regain all spent faith points when you complete a long rest.

Improved Divine Smite

Starting at sixth level, all of your melee attacks deal an additional 1d6 radiant damage. This stacks with the Divine Smite ability's additional damage.

Prayers

Priests can learn the following prayers as they increase in power. Using most prayers is an action.

If you know any of the seasonal dragons' prayers (Autumn Dragon's Embrace, Spring Dragon's Gift, War Cry of the Summer Dragon, or Winter Dragon's Caress) you can only have one of those prayers active at a time. Using any of these prayers on a new target means ending your previous prayer's effect.

Autumn Dragon's Embrace

Choose one creature within 60 feet of you that you can see (including yourself.) The selected creature is wrapped in a shimmering aura of coppery light, receiving a +2 bonus to Defense for 10 minutes.

Azure Dragon's Fury

You may use your Channel Divinity ability to turn fiends as well as undead.

Sacrament of the Dragon Queen

Whenever you use your Prayer of Healing, you heal additional hit points equal to your proficiency bonus.

Sanctum of the Equinox Dragon

Choose one creature within 30 feet of you that you can see as a bonus action. For one minute, any creature that targets the subject of this prayer with an attack or harmful spell must make a Mental saving throw. On a failed save, the creature must choose a new target or lose the attack or spell. The subject of this prayer is not protected from area effects, such as explosions.

If the subject of this prayer makes an attack or uses an ability that affects a hostile creature, this prayer ends.

Solar Dragon's Wrath

Make a ranged spell attack against one creature within 60 feet of you that you can see. You fire a beam of concentrated sunlight that inflicts radiant damage equal to your divine smite damage + your Charisma modifier. This damage increases against undead and fiends as usual.

Solstice Dragon's Firmament

You become immune to disease.

Spring Dragon's Gift

Choose three creatures within 30 feet of you that you can see (including yourself.) For one minute, the selected creatures may roll a d4 whenever they make an attack roll or saving throw, and add the d4's result to the total.

Tears of the Lunar Dragon

Choose one creature within 60 feet of you that you can see. They must succeed at a Dexterity saving throw or take 1d8 radiant damage. Your target does not gain any benefits from cover on this saving throw.

This prayer's damage increases by one die at third level (2d8), sixth level (3d8), and ninth level (4d8).

Templar Training

You gain proficiency in plate armor and three weapons of your choice.

Touch of Repentance

Make a melee spell attack against one creature you can touch with your ankh. That creature takes 3d10 necrotic damage. This damage can't reduce the target's hit points below 1.

This damage increases by 1d10 at third level (to 4d10), sixth level (to 5d10), and ninth level (to 6d10).

War Cry of the Summer Dragon

Choose one creature you can touch with your ankh (including yourself.) For the next minute, they are immune to being frightened and gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier at the start of each of its turns. When the prayer ends, any temporary hit points vanish.

Winter Dragon's Caress

Choose one creature you can touch with your ankh (including yourself.) For the next ten minutes, aberrations, celestials, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead have disadvantage on attack rolls made against that creature. The protected creature cannot be charmed or frightened by these creatures.

Last edited by Snorb on Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
0 x

I wrote stuff:

randalls
Site Admin

Post by randalls »

Snorb wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:37 pm
  • Learn one new prayer, or...

I'm assuming that when "prayer" appears in the level chart, it means the above and not one gets one prayer from gaining a level (the "prayer" in the chart) and also the option to get either a second new prayer or a skill or an ability increase. However, we all know what assuming does.

0 x

RandallS
Playing and Gamemastering Tabletop RPGs Since 1975
Designer: Microlite74, Microlite75, Microlite78, Microlite81, Microlite20 OSS, and others
Compiler: The Microlite20 RPG Collection
Administrator: Rules Light RPGs

Snorb

Post by Snorb »

Right. I should probably fix that in the class chart (and then do the same for the warrior's fighting styles.) XD

0 x

I wrote stuff:

Snorb

Post by Snorb »

And after a week or so, our third class!

The Rogue

Fair fights are for suckers. If you're in it, you might as well win it, right? You resort to underhanded cowardice combat pragmatism in combat. Some call it cheating, you call it technique.

You start with 8 + your Strength modifier hit points.

Your recovery rate is 1d8 + your Strength modifier.

Armor: Leather armor
Weapons: Dagger, mace, spear, sling, sword, thrown weapons
Tools: Thieves' tools
Saving Throw: Dexterity
Skill: Subterfuge

LevelProficiency BonusSneak AttackClass Features
1+11d6Expertise, Sneak Attack, Thieves' Cant
2+22d6Advancement
3+22d6Advancement
4+33d6Advancement
5+33d6Advancement
6+44d6Advancement
7+44d6Advancement
8+55d6Advancement
9+55d6Advancement, First Strike
10+66d6Advancement

• Roll 1d8 and add the result to your maximum hit point total.
  • Learn one new roguery, or...

Expertise

Choose one skill you are proficient with (or your thieves' tools.) Your proficiency bonus doubles when you make a check involving the chosen proficiency.

Sneak Attack

Once per turn, you may deal an additional 1d6 damage to one opponent you hit with an attack if:

• One or more allies are engaging your target in melee.
  • You are using a weapon rogues are proficient with.
  • You are within 30 feet of your target (if you are using a ranged weapon.)
  • You do not have disadvantage on the attack roll.

This damage increases as you gain rogue levels.

Thieves' Cant

Add Thieves' Cant to the languages your character knows. This is a series of jargon, rhyming slang, and code for those "in the know" to convey information in an otherwise mundane conversation. It takes four times longer to express a message in thieves' cant than it does if you speak plainly.

The written form of thieves' cant is a series of symbols and signs that convey simple messages: "Safe house here," "Easy mark," "Dangerous neighborhood," "Thieves' guild territory," and so forth.

First Strike

Starting at ninth level, you can take two turns during the first round of combat-- one at your regular Initiative result, and your next at your Initiative result -10. You don't get this second turn if you are surprised.

Roguery

Rogues can learn the following roguery abilities as they increase in level. The saving throw DC for your roguery abilities, if necessary, is 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Dexterity modifier.

Coily Joe Special

As your Attack action, you may deliver an eye poke or open-palm face slap to one opponent in place of a melee attack. Your target must make a successful Dexterity saving throw or be blinded until the start of your next turn.

You must be able to touch your opponent's face in order to use this roguery ability.

Cunning Movement

You can use a bonus action on your turn to Dash, Disengage, or Hide.

Curb Stomp

Your sneak attack damage increases by +1d6 against prone opponents.

Django Bagshot

When you hit an opponent with your sneak attack, you can forgo one die of additional damage in order to attempt a kick to your opponent's nethers. Your target must succeed at a Strength saving throw or be stunned until the end of your next turn.

Stunned creatures cannot move, can only speak falteringly, and is otherwise incapacitated. Attack rolls against stunned creatures have advantage, and stunned creatures automatically fail Strength and Dexterity saving throws.

Evasion

When you are subject to a Dexterity saving throw to halve damage, you instead take no damage on a successful save and half damage on a failed save.

Hey Batter Batter

Choose one opponent as an action; you direct a creatively-profane torrent of blasphemies, expletives, insults, biological impossibilities, and suggestions towards them. Your opponent must make a Charisma saving throw. A successful saving throw means your target can act as they see fit on their next turn; a failed save means your opponent must attack you by any means necessary on their next turn. Regardless of success, an opponent may be subjected to this ability once per combat.

Opportunist

When an ally successfully attacks an opponent, you may use your reaction to make an Attack action against that same opponent.

Rogue's Leather

You add half your proficiency bonus (rounded down, minimum +1) to Defense if you are wearing no armor or leather armor.

Roof Runner

Walking along narrow ledges does not cost you additional movement speed.

Second-Story Work

Climbing does not cost you additional movement speed. When you make a running jump, the distance you cover increases by a number of feet equal to your Dexterity modifier (minimum +1 foot.)

Sweep the Leg

Your melee attacks gain the Knock Down critical effect.

Uncanny Dodge

When you are hit by a melee attack you can see, you can use your reaction to halve that attack's damage.

Underdog

You gain a +1 bonus to Defense for each opponent that you and your allies are outnumbered by (maximum bonus +4.)

Yuri's Friend

You gain a +1 bonus on attack rolls made with daggers, and gain a +1 bonus to Defense if you wield a dagger in your off hand. If you are wielding two daggers and hit an opponent with both of them, you deal an additional 1d8 slashing damage.

0 x

I wrote stuff: