Looking for the Free Microlite20/7x/8x/2020 Rules Downloads?

There are well over 100 free downloads of rules (and more) for Microlite20, Microlite2020, Microlite7x, Microlite 81, and their many variants in the Game Download Library area below. These files can be downloaded without creating a membership on this site.

Update (19 Jun 23):

As I mentioned many weeks ago, maintaining the seldom used Wordpress side of this site became too much of a bother, especially as parts of Wordpress are constantly updating and some those updates break things -- like access to this forum. I'm finally had time to remove it. The forum should stop disappearing from view now.

As many of you know, my wife has had MS for about 20 years now. It has gotten to the stage where helping her takes a lot more of my time that it used to. This means visits to this board have become few and far between. I'm looking for a couple of members willing to help moderate this board. Note that if your idea of good moderation is anything similar the way boards like RPG.net are moderated, do not bother volunteering. Good moderation isn't about forcing your opinions, ideological positions, or biases on members via your power to gag and ban, it is about being helpful to all members (even those you don't like/disagree with), cleaning up after spammers, and enforcing the rules with the lightest hand possible and only doing so when the rules are actually broken. If you are interested in any message board moderation position on any board because of the supposed "power" it will give you, you are (IMHO) the wrong person for the job. If you are interested, PM me. It may taken quite a while to reply, unfortunately.

Microlite20 Character Sheet - Google Sheets

A place to share your rules-lite RPG ideas and designs.

Hablethorn
United States of America

Microlite20 Character Sheet - Google Sheets

Post by Hablethorn »

Greetings,

I've created a character sheet in google sheets that automates much of the character creation process. I figured others might like to leverage this for their own use so I decided to make an account here in the forums and share the link.

[https://]docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g0m-5orTAjDHmU9xWOdcpiHKZONTbFNBJQf1wy5huoo/

It is still a bit of a work in progress as I would like to improve the currency field(s) and possibly separate spells into it's own tab. I kind of like spell list being readily available however, seems to help players think creatively when all their tools are in front them. Spell lists traditionally hidden away on the back of the sheet or an entirely separate sheet hinders that a bit. I've literally had to remind people they have spells lol.

Supports multiple variations of the microlite20 rule set. Includes an additional 4th house ruled CHA stat.

TODOS:
DONE - Improve Currency Fields: Support the standard selection of coins; (copper, silver, gold)
DONE - Improve Variation Support for Expert rules: Include Gnome, Half Races and Lizardmen. Initially excluded as they were not playable as PCs in my campaign.
DONE - Improve Spell Layout: Better support higher level chars. Change current spell fields to "Favorite Spells" and add spell book tab.
WIP - Improve Editability: Add comments on data tabs explaining their use.

Hablethorn

0 x

Hablethorn
United States of America

Re: Microlite20 Character Sheet - Google Sheets

Post by Hablethorn »

CHANGES:
Added drop down field to select rule set. The drop down will change various calculations to accurately align to rules documents. Most notable being the different Combat Bonus and Hit Point calculations.
Added check box field for Expert Rules. The drop down will change the items selectable in the Class and Race drop downs.
Updated the magic point calculation to accurately align to supplement

TODOS:
DONE - Improve Currency Fields: Support the standard selection of coins; (copper, silver, gold)
DONE - Improve Variation Support for Expert rules: Include Gnome, Half Races and Lizardmen. Initially excluded as they were not playable as PCs in my campaign.
DONE - Improve Spell Layout: Better support higher level chars. Change current spell fields to "Favorite Spells" and add spell book tab.

STILL WIP:
Improve Editability: Add comments on data tabs explaining their use.

0 x
Hablethorn
United States of America

Post by Hablethorn »

CHANGES:
Added Checkbox for Hardcore mode (explained in sheet).
Updated Stats Tool (Tab) with suggestions for using the tool.
Changed background color to a dark theme style.

QUESTION:
It occurred to me that two of the class names in my sheet do not match the class names used the official M20 and variant documents. Specifically Rogue/Thief and Wizard/Magi. In my campaigns I prefer the terms Rogue and Wizard to Thief and Magi. However if anyone who wants to use this would prefer the official class names I can make a version of this sheet that uses the official names. Please post a comment to express interest as this would effectively double my work load. Any future changes would have to be done twice, since google sheet doesn't not offer an easy solution to this problem.

0 x
Hablethorn
United States of America

Post by Hablethorn »

CHANGES:
-- Added toggling of backgrounds and skills depending on the selected rule set.
-- Added check box and toggling of Magic Points depending on check box state.
-- Added drop downs for selecting armor and shield which improves sheet automation
-- Changed Level field to a drop down (1-15)
-- Various minor UI improvements, conditional formatting, calculation bug fixes, etc.
-- Improvements, updates and comments to data tab.
-- Renamed Data2 tab to "ClassData".

-- Improved leveling up calculations:
------ Added fighter bonuses accurate to selected rule set
------ Added all class bonuses accurate to selected rule set

0 x
Hablethorn
United States of America

Post by Hablethorn »

CHANGES:
Added drop down and quick selection for inventory packs described in Pure Essence.
Added auto calculation and inclusion of the weapon bonus (magic weapons) into the attack bonus calculations
Added check boxes to flag weapon should be used as a dex weapon (missile and finesse) for calculation in attack bonuses.
Added support for non standard armor and shields (magic), an earlier addition of dropdown menus to automate selection broke support for magic armor and shields

0 x
Vanya

Post by Vanya »

Neat. This looks really useful.

0 x
Hablethorn
United States of America

Post by Hablethorn »

Vanya wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:34 pm

Neat. This looks really useful.

Yeah I've been having fun using it to explore characters of different class/race combos at different levels and rule sets very quickly. Almost too quickly... feels... like cheating for some reason lol. Building functional character sheets like this is a great design tool for rule system designers.

I haven't looked very closely to the M20 5e variant rule set yet. Not sure yet if I can make this sheet compatible or if I have to build a separate sheet. I've been thinking about looking into it just for the fun of it though.

0 x
Hablethorn
United States of America

Post by Hablethorn »

WIP: Adding support for M20 5e (Sheet will be broken for a couple days). I need some sort of source control for this thing lol.

0 x
Hablethorn
United States of America

Post by Hablethorn »

Greetings Community!

OK I think I'm finally done with it.

CHANGES:

Far to many to list them all of them, here is a summary...

• Added 5e Support
  • Improve alignment to all supported rule sets
  • Added Auto calculating DMG bonus field (does not add magic items dmg bonus)
  • Added Auto calculating Initiative Bonus field
  • Improved support for proper leveling up.
  • Many many bug fixes
  • Made several elements toggle based on options. ie: CHA Stat, MP Supp, Proficiency Bonus, etc.

Please feel free to post any bug you may come across.

Hable

0 x