Looking for the Free Microlite20/7x/8x/2020 Rules Downloads?

There are well over 100 free downloads of rules (and more) for Microlite20, Microlite2020, Microlite7x, Microlite 81, and their many variants in the Game Download Library area below. These files can be downloaded without creating a membership on this site.

Update (19 Jun 23):

As I mentioned many weeks ago, maintaining the seldom used Wordpress side of this site became too much of a bother, especially as parts of Wordpress are constantly updating and some those updates break things -- like access to this forum. I'm finally had time to remove it. The forum should stop disappearing from view now.

As many of you know, my wife has had MS for about 20 years now. It has gotten to the stage where helping her takes a lot more of my time that it used to. This means visits to this board have become few and far between. I'm looking for a couple of members willing to help moderate this board. Note that if your idea of good moderation is anything similar the way boards like RPG.net are moderated, do not bother volunteering. Good moderation isn't about forcing your opinions, ideological positions, or biases on members via your power to gag and ban, it is about being helpful to all members (even those you don't like/disagree with), cleaning up after spammers, and enforcing the rules with the lightest hand possible and only doing so when the rules are actually broken. If you are interested in any message board moderation position on any board because of the supposed "power" it will give you, you are (IMHO) the wrong person for the job. If you are interested, PM me. It may taken quite a while to reply, unfortunately.

Organizational Question

Description: Picking the best feat layout

A place to share your rules-lite RPG ideas and designs.

Snorb

Organizational Question

Post by Snorb »

This one's a unique question in that it doesn't ask about mechanics; instead, I'm asking about organizing part of my ongoing m20 project, Microsty Star.

Specifically, one of the character specializations you can choose when you reach 2nd level is the Esper; the main benefit you get for becoming an Esper is that you gain access to Esper magic, which I'm choosing to represent as feats (which you get at every odd level, just like in Pathfinder 1e.) The problem is, of course, what's the best way to actually organize them in the feat list? I've got a few options.

• Option 1: Each feat is named for a spell, and is in alphabetical order with the rest of the feats.

Flaeli
You have learned the Esper fire magic spell, Flaeli.

Prerequisites: Esper specialization

(words words words about Flaeli mechanics here)

This is the easiest way to do it, but there would be no real indication that these feats are Esper magic beyond the flavor text.

• Option 2: Each feat starts with the words 'Esper Magic,' and each is in alphabetical order with the rest of the feats.

Esper Magic: Medice
You have learned the Esper healing magic spell, Medice.

(words words words about Medice mechanics here)

How I have them currently laid out in my document; it calls out that these are specific to a certain character type, and keeps everything neat and tidy-ish. My main problem is there's twelve Esper Magic feats, so I have a whole big block of them in my document outline between "Esper Defense" and "Faster Healing."

• Option 3: Put the Esper magic feats in a new subsection in the document.

What I think makes the most sense. Only real drawbacks are that I'd have to make a new subsection in my document and make the current feat list subsubsections (one of the benefits of doing this in LaTeX) and if I put a "You must have the Esper specialization to take any of these feats" callout at the head of the subsection instead of in the feats' bodies, players might miss it.

• Option 4: Just tag the Esper magic feats but keep them in alphabetical order.

Tandle [Esper Magic]
You have learned the Esper lightning magic spell, Tandle.

(words words words about Tandle mechanics here)

How I think 3.5 and Pathfinder 1e do it? One second.

Okay, I'm back, and yes, I really did just check the 3.5e and PF sections of d20srd.org. And both of those SRDs have them listed and tagged just like they are in this option. This might be best to keep continuity with how those SRDs list their feats.

• Option 5: Put the Esper magic feats in the Esper specialization writeup.

This is probably my least favorite option, because that would make that writeup much bigger than the others.

0 x

I wrote stuff:
The ArrrPG - A game about pirates.
Nakama: A Game of Magical Girls - A game about being Sailor Moon ripoffs PARODIES.
Intervigilum - A PbtA-ish game about being knights against the Dark.

quaffeine
United States of America

Re: Organizational Question

Post by quaffeine »

First off, if the presence of "Esper" implies this is an m20 Final Fantasy-inspired game, I can't wait to see it.

Second, I'm struggling with some questions of presentation myself at the moment, so I'm curious to see how this shakes out.

But asked for a preference, I'd go for either 3 or 4, and the latter only if you're planning on tagging some/all other Feats as appropriate.

P.S., what do you use in terms of LaTeX templates for these?

0 x
Snorb

Post by Snorb »

I asked one of my friends in my D&D group, and he suggested option 4, so I definitely think I'd go with that (mostly because another specialization is going to get some specific feats.)

And you're close, quaffiene-- this is actually Phantasy Star inspired! (Specifically, it uses the three main character classes from Phantasy Star Online, with specializations being the seven (surviving) party members from Phantasy Star II and the Espers from Phantasy Star IV.)

As for LaTeX, I'm actually using Overleaf, which is pretty much like the Homebrewery website, except it generates LaTeX documents instead of 5e-appearing Markdown documents! It's a little bit of a learning curve compared to Markdown, but it's neat to use!

0 x

I wrote stuff:
The ArrrPG - A game about pirates.
Nakama: A Game of Magical Girls - A game about being Sailor Moon ripoffs PARODIES.
Intervigilum - A PbtA-ish game about being knights against the Dark.

quaffeine
United States of America

Post by quaffeine »

Awesome, definitely let us (or at least me) know when it's available! I'm also interested in the balance it looks like you're trying to strike between simplicity (m20) and crunch (e.g. progressive Feats), as I have a project where I'm trying to do the same thing.

0 x
wortop
Bahrain

Post by wortop »

The panera lunch hours typically start at 10:30 am every morning just after the Panera Breakfast Hours. The Panera Lunch Hours Menu includes some healthy lunch. what time does panera start serving lunch

0 x