New? Introduce Yourself Here!

Ask questions and/or make comments and suggestions about the Microlite20 Nexus forum, community, and web site here.

squirewaldo
United States of America

Re: New? Introduce Yourself Here!

Post by squirewaldo » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:20 am

Hello! My name is Alex. I play D&D with friends and enjoy it, but I can never get really into it. Also, I would like to find a game to introduce new players into RPGs or at least bring old players back into gaming. Voila. Microlite20. So much to choose from.

I also like hacking stuff together and I have a game I am working on with a Western theme based upon Microlite2020. Hopefully after a test or two I will post it for further comment and suggestions.

1 x

randalls
Site Admin

Post by randalls » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:09 pm

squirewaldo wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:20 am

I also like hacking stuff together and I have a game I am working on with a Western theme based upon Microlite2020. Hopefully after a test or two I will post it for further comment and suggestions.

Welcome, Alex. There is always room for another Western themed game. The genre isn't nearly as popular with game designers as (I think) it should be.

0 x

RandallS
Playing and Gamemastering Tabletop RPGs Since 1975
Designer: Microlite74, Microlite75, Microlite78, Microlite81, Microlite20 OSS, and others
Compiler: The Microlite20 RPG Collection
Administrator: Microlite20 Nexus

ripripla
Argentina

Post by ripripla » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:32 pm

Hi, Ripripla here. I'm nothing more than a large idiot (quite literally, 6'3") who likes homebrewing. I found Microlite today and i'm already making a 2020 supplement (i plan on adding a few customization options and some options for GMs as well).

I'm 14, so as one might guess, my first exposition to TTRPGs was with 5e. I really disliked it, because it limited your options while being complex as hell. Yet people praised it for it's simplicity. I never got that. Personally, i either go one end of the stick or the other - it's either rules-lite or Pathfinder for me.

I plan on eventually being a tabletop game designer. I have some great ideas from time to time (i made a small one-page RPG about space goblins, yes, goblins are my favorite fantasy species, how did you guess).

0 x

Vanya

Post by Vanya » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:51 pm

Hiya, Rip!
Welcome to the community. I have to admit that hearing someone call 5e complex is a bit strange to me.
Regardless, Microlite is definite the right fit for those looking for a satisfyingly simple game.
BTW, if you make your head spin, try reading the rules for Rifts. Now that's a complex game! :)

0 x

ripripla
Argentina

Post by ripripla » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:01 pm

I mean, it's over 200 pages. My mind can't even handle 50 pages.

0 x

Vanya

Post by Vanya » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:27 pm

Fortunately you usually don't need to read all the pages to play such games. A lot of the rules are much easier to learn while playing, too.

0 x