Looking for the Free Microlite20/7x/8x/2020 Rules Downloads?

There are well over 100 free downloads of rules (and more) for Microlite20, Microlite2020, Microlite7x, Microlite 81, and their many variants in the Game Download Library area below. These files can be downloaded without creating a membership on this site.

Update (19 Jun 23):

As I mentioned many weeks ago, maintaining the seldom used Wordpress side of this site became too much of a bother, especially as parts of Wordpress are constantly updating and some those updates break things -- like access to this forum. I'm finally had time to remove it. The forum should stop disappearing from view now.

As many of you know, my wife has had MS for about 20 years now. It has gotten to the stage where helping her takes a lot more of my time that it used to. This means visits to this board have become few and far between. I'm looking for a couple of members willing to help moderate this board. Note that if your idea of good moderation is anything similar the way boards like RPG.net are moderated, do not bother volunteering. Good moderation isn't about forcing your opinions, ideological positions, or biases on members via your power to gag and ban, it is about being helpful to all members (even those you don't like/disagree with), cleaning up after spammers, and enforcing the rules with the lightest hand possible and only doing so when the rules are actually broken. If you are interested in any message board moderation position on any board because of the supposed "power" it will give you, you are (IMHO) the wrong person for the job. If you are interested, PM me. It may taken quite a while to reply, unfortunately.

New? Introduce Yourself Here!

Ask questions and/or make comments and suggestions about the Rules Lite RPGs' forum, community, and web site here.

Desdichado
United States of America

Re: New? Introduce Yourself Here!

Post by Desdichado »

randalls wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:29 pm

I will try to add the current version soon. Unfortunately, it looks like I will be busier than expected for the next 5 days or so. Real life -- again.

No big deal. It doesn't NEED to be added; I didn't suspect it was anywhere except my SD card and my Google Drive until a few days ago.

0 x

Vanya

Post by Vanya »

Hi. I'm Ivan.
I'm currently playing Pathfinder.
I started with AD&D 2e back in the 90's.

I studied programming.
Am into videogame programming specifically.
And I have a huge interest in game design in general.

I found M20 recently and I'm interested in studying it and perhaps developing my own game in the same spirit.

Looking forward to discussing things with the community!

1 x
Gary

Post by Gary »

Hey there!

I'm Gary, I have been running games and occasionally playing since the early 00's. So yeah some of you have played longer than I have been alive. Love reading, love DND 3/3.5e and 5e has its moments (lets not talk about 4e, :/). I would love to eventually run a MUD but hey whos got the time! I'll just be hanging around checking out materials. And hopefully get more involved. Thansk for the system, the support, and the ability to engage the community.

1 x
quaffeine
United States of America

Post by quaffeine »

Hey y'all,

I'm Aaron, fiction author and also player and DM of BECMI/1E/2E back in the day. Looking to get back into gaming in 2020.

I played a session of 5E this summer, which was honestly pretty great. But I love the rules-light, hackable base of m20. I'm working on my own rule set based on it currently, and looking to run a playtest campaign with it in the coming months based in the world of my fantasy fiction.

I also sponsor the various m20 activities under my pen name, A. Creg Peters.

0 x
randalls
Site Admin

Post by randalls »

quaffeine wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:13 pm

I'm Aaron, fiction author and also player and DM of BECMI/1E/2E back in the day. Looking to get back into gaming in 2020.

Welcome! I've read some of your short fiction. I based (loosely) a character on the hero of "Bonebearer": a paladin charged with destroying necromancers.

1 x

RandallS
Playing and Gamemastering Tabletop RPGs Since 1975
Designer: Microlite74, Microlite75, Microlite78, Microlite81, Microlite20 OSS, and others
Compiler: The Microlite20 RPG Collection
Administrator: Rules Light RPGs

ravensron

Post by ravensron »

I'm called ravensron. Been playing D&D since '75, so to me all the incarnations and official "new" editions are just somebody's houserules. Currently, insofar as I ever get a chance to run a game, use my rules based on M20.

0 x
randalls
Site Admin

Post by randalls »

ravensron wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:20 pm

I'm called ravensron. Been playing D&D since '75, so to me all the incarnations and official "new" editions are just somebody's houserules. Currently, insofar as I ever get a chance to run a game, use my rules based on M20.

It's always great to run into someone who has been playing as long as I have. Welcome!

0 x

RandallS
Designer: Microlite74, Microlite75, Microlite78, Microlite81, Microlite20 OSS, and others

ehbowen

Post by ehbowen »

Hi. I'm Eric Bowen; usually use the middle initial H (for Herschel) online; plenty of ebowens but not many ehbowens.

Randall knows me from his other forum; I'm...different. I'm not really a gamer although I was part of an AD&D group in my senior year in high school to just before college (1981); my interest of late has been writing and I find that well-thought-out rules systems lend structure and dimension to fantastic worlds and characters. Not that I'd turn down an invitation to begin gaming again, could I find a group in the Houston (Texas) area, but I'm not enough of a social bunny to seek such out.

Anyhow, wanted to at least say hello to everyone. So...Hello!

0 x
Atmo
Brazil

Post by Atmo »

Registered, but still a voyeurish stalker.

0 x
randalls
Site Admin

Post by randalls »

Atmo wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:07 pm

Registered, but still a voyeurish stalker.

Welcome!

0 x

RandallS