Author Topic: Microlite74 Please help a newbie with Microlite74  (Read 3041 times)

Offline ghart999

• View Profile
Re: Please help a newbie with Microlite74
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 01:22:42 pm »
Thank you very much.

Offline randalls

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Please help a newbie with Microlite74
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 09:57:01 pm »
You can use just about any D&D adventure aimed at 1e or B/X with few changes  You can find a number of good free adventures on Dragonsfoot:

1e: http://www.dragonsfoot.org/fe/#FEAD13
B/X: http://www.dragonsfoot.org/cd/

The adventures are mixed in with other stuff. There are also a large number of commercial adventures of other clones like Swords & Wizardry and Labyrinth Lord, most in PDF and available on  RPGNow.

Offline ghart999

• View Profile
Please help a newbie with Microlite74
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 12:06:02 am »
Hi all. I played D&D back in the early 80s, but its been 30 years. Now my kids (7 and 9) and dying to start in with RPG games. I knew D&D 4.0 style games would be way over their head, and mine as well. After a ton of reading I came across this site and Microlite74. 

I made a small donation to Randall and I have DLed the basic rules and I am comfortable with what's involved. However, I am not sure what I need to start playing an adventure/module/etc.

I just remember having to buy modules back in the day to play. Is it the same with Micro74? Where do I find these modules to play? Are there free ones anywhere or do I need to buy them?

Also, are there any basic templates for player sheets I can use?

Any site recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

THank you.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 05:05:26 pm by randalls »

* Support This Site

RPGNow.com
Links to commercial products on this site are also generally affiliate links which earn this site a portion of any purchase you make.

Cancer Fund Donations

Support Microlite75 development as well as Microlite74, Microlite78, Microlite81, and this site with a donation to the Retro-Roleplaying Cancer Fund.

Your donations help pay medical bills, get you early access to drafts of RetroRoleplaying.com games like Microlite81 Complete and Fantastic Adventures and give you access to these donor-only PDFs:

- Grimoire Fanzine #1 (1978)
- Grimoire Fanzine #2 (1979)
- Hidden Valley House Rules (1984)
- Fourth Campaign Arn Player Info Packet (1984)
- M74 2.0 Special Edition
- M74 3.0 Extended Special Edition (3 digest volumes)
- M74 3.0 Perilous Adventures

Obtain copies of these (and more) for a donation to help pay our cancer-related bills. Donate $25 or more and you will be listed as a sponsor in Microlite81 Complete game.

Microlite75 Sponsors

RPGNow.com