Author Topic: Microlite81 Accepting any art submissions for M81 or L&W?  (Read 4689 times)

Offline mrcos87

• View Profile
    • Epidemic: The Artwork of Matthew Costanzo
Re: Accepting any art submissions for M81 or L&W?
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 06:28:54 pm »
Alright, I'll keep the weapons in mind for future reference. I'm planning on doing an inked illustration for each class at some point.

Also, Is there any thing you have in mind for a cover illustration?

Offline randalls

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 08:53:41 pm »
Here is a Human Warrior concept I just finished. I usually use pigma ink to ink these, but I wanted to try a mix of pigma and regular ballpoint. I think it turned out good, but definitely not as sharp as pigma ink. I will probably attempt another, more traditional warrior at some point, but this time I wanted to do the rugged, survivalist type. Let me know what you think.

Excellent work -- well, except for the sword. Standard M81 weapons look real, not these weird oversized blades that seem real common in WOTC art. The survivalist look did not bother anyone in my Sunday Game, but the sword got negative comments from 8 of my 9 players.

However, this would work as is in Microlite81 Extended or Advanced -- whichever one ends up with the more "science fiction" optional rules like mutations.

Offline mrcos87

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 05:43:09 pm »
Here is a Human Warrior concept I just finished. I usually use pigma ink to ink these, but I wanted to try a mix of pigma and regular ballpoint. I think it turned out good, but definitely not as sharp as pigma ink. I will probably attempt another, more traditional warrior at some point, but this time I wanted to do the rugged, survivalist type. Let me know what you think.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 05:47:11 pm by mrcos87 »

Offline randalls

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 07:02:55 am »
I was wondering if you were accepting any free art submissions for your upcoming projects?

Sure! I usually use public domain art, but if a good artist like yourself wants to donate the use of some art to the cause, I'm generally happy to use it. Credit is given and the art is considered product identity copyrighted to the artist, so others cannot use it without your permission. I stick to black & white line art to make it easy and inexpensive for people to print copies of the game.

Offline mrcos87

• View Profile
Accepting any art submissions for M81 or L&W?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 04:03:29 pm »
Hello, just joined the site after stumbling upon the awesome Microlite74 rule set. I'll save my intro for the intro topic :)

I was wondering if you were accepting any free art submissions for your upcoming projects? I am just a small town artist trying to get his name out there. I've done some other work for Pacesetter Games and Centerstage Miniatures. Here is a link to my work if you are interested:

https://sites.google.com/site/mc87epidemic/gallery

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 05:13:34 pm by randalls »

* Support This Site

RPGNow.com
Links to commercial products on this site are also generally affiliate links which earn this site a portion of any purchase you make.

Cancer Fund Donations

Support Microlite75 development as well as Microlite74, Microlite78, Microlite81, and this site with a donation to the Retro-Roleplaying Cancer Fund.

Your donations help pay medical bills, get you early access to drafts of RetroRoleplaying.com games like Microlite81 Complete and Fantastic Adventures and give you access to these donor-only PDFs:

- Grimoire Fanzine #1 (1978)
- Grimoire Fanzine #2 (1979)
- Hidden Valley House Rules (1984)
- Fourth Campaign Arn Player Info Packet (1984)
- M74 2.0 Special Edition
- M74 3.0 Extended Special Edition (3 digest volumes)
- M74 3.0 Perilous Adventures

Obtain copies of these (and more) for a donation to help pay our cancer-related bills. Donate $25 or more and you will be listed as a sponsor in Microlite81 Complete game.

Microlite75 Sponsors

RPGNow.com